Patient Health Insurance Advocate
Who Is Your Patient Advocate?
Too often a person buys a health insurance policy and never hears from the insurance agent again. Or maybe they buy the policy direct from the insurer or from a faceless website and need an unbiased second opinion. In any case, the consumer is left to fend for themselves in the complex world of health insurance.
Many people don’t want to switch insurance companies. But they still need help with their individual health insurance policy. Does this sound like you?
- My health insurance agent doesn’t return my calls! They sold me a policy and now they won’t help me!
- I just got a notice of a big increase in my health insurance premiums. What should I do?
- My health insurance company has denied my medical claim. I need a patient advocate who can help me get the claim paid correctly.
Health Insurance Agent in Atlanta GA
That’s where QuoteJuice comes in. Real people are ready to help you better understand your insurance policy, work through unpaid claims issues, and choose affordable Georgia health insurance plan options. We are a full-service health insurance agent in Atlanta, GA (Norcross to be exact).
There is more to being an individual health insurance agent than selling an insurance policy. The real work begins once the policy is sold. Probably the most important role of an insurance agent is that of a “patient advocate” (sometimes called a “patient representative”). Patient advocacy has been job one at QuoteJuice since its inception.
At QuoteJuice we pride ourselves on our ability to cut through the red tape and get results. Experienced and courteous QuoteJuice customer service representatives are standing by to help you today!
Do You Need a Georgia Health Insurance Patient Advocate?
It is frustrating to wade through a stack of unpaid hospital bills and not know what to do especially if the medical claim has been denied or paid incorrectly. Multiply this frustration by factors such as having a real medical emergency or a life threatening illness and this can become a nightmare. This is no fun place to be especially without someone to assist you when you have seemingly exhausted all of your options.
We work with doctors, hospitals and insurance companies on a daily basis. We know how to navigate their phone system and have developed relationships with the insurance company representatives. We speak their language! QuoteJuice is in a unique position to effectively help its clients.
Types of Medical Claims Problems
Claims problems typically arise because of a disconnect with two or more of the players – (i) the patient, (ii) the doctor, (iii) the hospital, and (iv) the insurance company. Problems can be as simple as a claim not being submitted for payment, the insurer does not recognize the patient as being insured, medical treatment not being “pre-authorized” by the insurer, or the patient not obtaining necessary referrals for care. These types of claims problems are fairly easy to resolve.
Where our area of expertise gets put to the test is when a claims problem is complicated and the issue is escalated beyond the normal customer service level. Here are several examples of escalated claims problems we helped solve:
- Helped a patient who did not have her ID card get her expensive heart medication before a busy vacation holiday.
- Helped the widow of an employee get over $100,000 in life insurance benefits that had been denied by the insurance company.
- Helped a patient who had been fighting on his own for over a year to get a claim paid. Once we had the claim problem, we had it resolved within a few weeks.
- Helped a physician with problems in coordination of benefit between Medicare and his individual conversion coverage. There were problems with contractual understanding and we were able to show the carrier that there was contractual liability on their part and was able to get his claims adjusted accordingly.
- We assisted a patient with the appeal to get a non-network claim paid as in-network.
These bullet points may seem concise and simple, but each represents an important moment in the patient’s life, and a considerable amount of effort on the part of the Georgia patient healthcare advocate to solve.
Expert Georgia Health Insurance Advice
A good Georgia health insurance agent will earn his or her keep by being an exceptional patient advocate. At QuoteJuice, our goal as a patient advocate is to ensure the costs associated with this medical care are consistent with the terms of the insurance policy.
If you do not have a health insurance agent who is also your patient advocate, it might be time to make QuoteJuice your agent. The process is simple and it won’t cost you anything. Don’t settle for mediocrity. You deserve to receive the benefits to which you are entitled! Work with the best, and you’ll get what you deserve!